His Hands Ministries Praise Report for 2017
With your help: –
1) We held our annual Daily Vacation Bible School for the Spring Break and had a great
response of 85 children by the last day. Each child received a tote bag with a note
book, toiletries, pen & pencil. They also received a booklet called the “Living
Waters” from the Book of John. (that coincided with our studies for the week) Some
of the activities were bird house building, kite making, stepping stones, glass painting,
bead and flower making, and plenty of outdoor sports and games.
2) We are able to continue with food supplements for 120 to 140 families. Our monthly
food cost for distribution averages between $600 and $750 a month (This doesn’t
cover operating costs) We remain on call for any emergencies through the Rio Grande
Valley Food Bank. Walmart and H.E.B. send out a truck through the RGV with bread
& cakes twice a week now, and that supplements around 60-75 families. This year our
pantry dispensed 384,458 lbs of food, which included pallets of various fresh produce!!
3) We served 15-25 hot meals daily on site for local volunteers & “Winter Texans”.
4) Three trailers and an old motor home were donated to us, that required some extensive
repair before going out to families in need of shelter or additional living space.
Volunteers did some extensive painting and maintenance on our main buildings as
well as some other minor repairs to homes in the area.
5) Several R.V. Parks in the Mission area have become regular donors of household
furnishings. This requires pickups 3-4 times a week, as many do not have trucks or the
manpower to lift or deliver. These items are sold for a nominal fee at our annual
“Garage Sale” to help recover transportation and operating costs.
6) 120 reusable “Family” bags were given out at Easter with towels, shampoo,
conditioner, bars of soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, etc.
7) We continue to hold regular services on Sunday morning in our Chapel, Bible Study
on Tuesday and perform special services such as weddings, baptisms and dedications
8) We hosted Thanksgiving Dinner for 130 people. One of the local Churches cooked
and served the dinner in our main dining room. It was definitely a thanksgiving time.
9) Christmas was another busy time for us and all our families in the nearby Colonias.
135 families received blankets and warm clothing. 50 baby blankets and 150 quilts
were handed out. 355 children received hats, sweaters, a toy and of course, a bag of
candy. Also, a choice from a selection of handmade wooden toys and the New
Testament in English or Spanish! Everyone enjoyed the BBQ of hot dogs (475 of
them) Each family received a 60 lb box of basic groceries, and fresh produce.
10) We started a 24×40, 3-bedroom house for a family. More on this next year!